Saturday 29 November 2008

Fun quizzes from around the blogs

Here are two fun quizzes I found around the blog-world this past week. I'm sorry, I can't remember who I found them on, so I apologize to those bloggers who I saw these on.
Blog Reading Style
Your Personality: All-Rounder! Your responses showed you fitting equally into all four reading personalities:

Involved Reader: You don't just love to read books, you love to read about books. For you, half the fun of reading is the thrill of the chase - discovering new books and authors, and discussing your finds with others.
Exacting Reader: You love books but you rarely have as much time to read as you'd like - so you're very particular about the books you choose.
Serial Reader: Once you discover a favorite writer you tend to stick with him/her through thick and thin.
Eclectic Reader: You read for entertainment but also to expand your mind. You're open to new ideas and new writers, and are not wedded to a particular genre or limited range of authors. Link here
to find your reading style. I have to say this sounds like me! I never would have thought I was an all-rounder, so I was surprised.


Blog written style:
ISFP - The Artists

The gentle and compassionate type. They are especially attuned to their inner values and what other people need. They are not friends of many words and tend to take the worries of the world on their shoulders. They tend to follow the path of least resistance and have to look out not to be taken advantage of.

They often prefer working quietly, behind the scene as a part of a team. They tend to value their friends and family above what they do for a living.
Link here to find your blog written style.
I am not sure that anyone would believe that I don't use many words!! I do like working quietly - I am the social committee person - lead of the group because the only other two members are new to the department - and I had to send an email out arranging the entire department for the upcoming staff Christmas party, and I was so nervous that it took me hours to compose the message in both English and French! I've never really liked the spotlight, I get nervous and tend to do embarrassing things then. I have to agree completely with the last sentence though, because work anyone can do, but your family and friends? Irreplaceable.

Middlemarch
update - yesterday I read 5 pages, am now in Ch 17. I will be reading later today, and will update then, but while I was waking up with my tea this morning, I thought I'd pop in and say hi before the day really gets going. My favourite quote from yesterday's reading, is a pointed comment from Eliot which is sadly as true of myself as well as most other females (especially when young): "It had not occurred to Lydgate that he had been a subject of eager meditation to Rosamond, who had neither any reason for throwing her marriage into distant perspective, nor any pathological studies to divert her mind from that ruminating habit, that inward repetition of looks, words, and phrases, which makes the large part of the lives of most girls." Ouch! harsh and insightful and true, sadly, sadly true. Especially while we are young women, I think.

I hope your Saturday and weekend are filled with pleasures and lovely time for reading!

No comments: