Friday 14 November 2008

What do you do when you have......

.....strep throat?

I have been sick for much of the past 8 days, and finally, today, I know what it is. Strep throat!

How bad, you ask? The strep has been so bad I haven't picked a book up this week.

I also have had such a sore throat that chocolate hurt it, so sad, sad me, I haven't had any chocolate this week either.

Yes, it's sad when I look forward to feeling better so I can eat chocolate again, isn't it? And being able to read!

So I have no new book thoughts, and no thoughts in my head except wanting to be able to swallow without it hurting.

I hope you have had a good week reading, my Gentle Reader!

10 comments:

Ana S. said...

Awww...feel better soon, dear Susan!

Patricia said...

Did your breath smell yucky or sweet? That's a dead give-away when one of the kiddies is coming down with strep throat. You are lucky ~ the last time I had a sore throat that hurt so much...I ended up with cellulitis, a week of intravenous and 6 weeks of medicine to fight off a bad infection. Next time don't wait so long! If you've got antibiotics you'll be back to reading and eating chocolate soon.

I just read an interesting book ~ of course with all your reading challenges.... it is called "Here If You Need Me". She has some very interesting views on religion, miracles...etc, during her work as a Park Warden Chaplain.

Chrisbookarama said...

So sorry. Strep is just nasty.

? said...

will check this out...never heard of step throat. I understand what you may be going through. Hope you get better soon...Stay well!

Kim L said...

Yuck! Get better soon! I have been sick twice this winter and it was miserable! It is hard indeed not to be able to enjoy chocolate!

Bybee said...

No books and no chocolate...there are 2 good clues that it's dire!
I hope you're back to 100% very soon, sweet book-twin!

Jeane said...

Strep is so unpleasant. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Gentle Reader said...

I'm so sorry you've got strep. It's going around my kids' school at the moment, so I know how yucky it is. Can you eat ice cream? Because then you could combine that with chocolate...maybe chocolate ice cream would make you feel better :)

Emily Barton said...

Oh, I once had strep throat and remember how AWFUL it was (although I WAS able to read -- I was young and resilient, only 15 -- and read Oliver Twist at the time). I hope you are feeling much, much better by now.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I've only just picked up this post. I hope you're feeling better, although the silence suggests that that may not be the case. The Bears send lots of hugs and suggest you might try some honey. But then they would, wouldn't they!